What is auto/car insurance?
Auto/car insurance is a way of securing you automobile from any unconditional accidents that might result in the damage or loss of the vehicle. It is simply the policy to give back the owner of the destroyed vehicle something from his insurance policies. History dates back to the First World War when this practice was started in countries like England, France and Germany. By paying your insurance month by month, you are helping to make your finance stronger.
Merits of auto insurance
- Everyone knows that insuring your vehicle will take a big load off of your chest when the time comes.
- You can fix your vehicle in one of the approved repair shops and the repairs will be guaranteed for as long as you own your vehicle.
- Covers the expenses of your vehicle as well as your health, from the premiums that you have paid monthly.
Demerits of auto insurance
- Paying your premium every month can be a burden at times; especially if you need the money to do something else at the end of the month.
- Although it covers the basic expenses of your loss, it will still take some time to provide the services, which in case of emergency, can be frustrating.
- Lack of Auto repair policy might need you to pay the damage expenses, and claim the insurance policy later which is no help at all.
How to get car insurance quotes online?
Different companies have different policies when it comes to insuring the vehicle. It would be best for you to choose the company that you want to insure your vehicle to, and then study about its policies in its website. There are many websites that help you to get the car insurance quotes online, for example http://www.carinsurancequotes.com for free quotes where as sites like www.compareapply.com/aspen/Insurance charge certain amount for the quotes.
Best car insurance companies
Many companies offer you insurance services while purchasing the car. Whereas some other insurance companies offer various services in order to attract customers. Companies like Amica Mutual, GEICO and USAA Auto Insurance have been top rated for their car insurance coverage, best car insurance rates and also some cheap car insurance rates. These companies also provide cheap car insurance for ladies, and also decided your premium on the basis of your salary. However, comparing and choosing online car insurance compare can become a tiring task for one in the beginning.
Cheapest car insurance companies
Although many companies claim of providing low rate insurance and call themselves cheap, not all of them do what they say. Therefore, you need to study the policies before signing up for the cheap car insurance rates. On the basis of internet survey, three companies have been known for providing cheap insurance: Liberty Mutual, Esurance and Allstate. Some other companies that provide cheap services are Farmers Insurance, Progressive and Nationwide. Their policies enable you a flexible premium submission policy.
Types of car insurance:
Insurance policies can be generally divided into 5 categories.
- Personal Injury Protection, Comprehensive Coverage, Liability Insurance, Collision Coverage and Uninsured /Underinsured Motorist Protection. However, depending on the types of car insurance, they can be divided as:
- Multi car insurance policy covers any number of cars registered in a single house/ family. It doesn’t matter the name of the owner, till you live in the same house.
- Car insurance per month averages a 150 dollar per month, and ranges from 70 dollars to 250 dollars a month, depending on the insurance company.
- Discount car insurance is only available under certain circumstances like Accident-Free Discount, Anti-Theft Discount, Defensive Driving Course Discount etc.
- Liability car insurance covers all the costs and damages that occur due to an accident. These policies cover the main expenses of accidents and its consequences.
How to compare car insurance quotes?
The best possible way to compare the insurance policies is to visit the insurance companies and read their policies, understand them and acknowledge them. But since visiting each company can be tiresome and difficult, the best way is to visit the websites of these companies and compare them. Also, websites like www.onlineautoinsurance.com and www.insurance.com.
Car insurance premium
Although everyone would love to pay a minimum premium each month, it is clearly understandable that the rate is defined by the company. The company also looks at some of your records like How Much You Drive, Driving Record, your Car type, your financial history and your social status before considering your premium amount. Depending on your premium amount and company policies, the range of insurance coverage varies.
Hence, insuring a car is as important as buying and maintaining it. It is your friend in time of need and proves to be helpful in difficult circumstances. Although insuring was not practiced widely in the beginning, it is an inevitable part of purchasing a vehicle today.